Thursday, January 21, 2010

curry pumpkin soup

I love using the application "All Recipes" on my iphone. It's so easy to access simple and delicious recipes right at my finger tips. I can be on the bus on the way home and have dinner planned by the time I get off the bus. If no i-phone, simply go to allrecipes.com


Here is one of my new favorites: curry pumpkin soup


Ingredients:

-2 tablespoons butter
-3 tablespoons of all purpose flour
-2 tablespoons of curry powder
-4 cups of vegetable or chicken broth (*i used chicken broth to add more depth to the soup)
-1 (29oz) can of pumpkin
-1 1/2 cups of half-and-half cream (* i used coconut milk...so delicious!)
-2 tablespoons soy sauce
-1 tablespoon white sugar
-salt and pepper to taste
*i also added one yellow onion for extra texture and taste. :)

Directions:
1. Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Stir in flour and curry powder until smooth. Cook, stirring, until mixture begins to bubble. Gradually, whisk in the broth, and cook until thickened. Stir in pumpkin and half-and-half (or coconut milk). Season with soy sauce, sugar, salt and pepper. Bring to just a boil, and remove from heat.

That's it! Super simple and tasty beyond belief! Go try it...now! I know you will love it.

Happy eating,
Sarah :)

No comments:

Post a Comment